As each user has different needs for his/her mailbox, Mail2000 provides a comprehensive set of options for environment configuration.
(1) On the left menu, click Preferences, expand Personalization, and select Configuration.
(2) Click the General tab for general settings. When finished, click Save to save the settings.
- Language: Select system language.
- Header Display: Select the displayed type of mail header information.
- Login page: Select the login page.
- Session Expiration: Select the session expiration time.
- Time zone: Select the time zone.
(3) Click the Mail tab for advanced settings. When finished, click Save to save the settings.
– Pane Mode: Select pane layout (Horizontal Split/Vertical Split/Full Page).
– Auto-Preview: Automatically preview mails upon entering [Inbox] or other mail folders.
– Default Reading View: Select HTML or Pain Text as the default reading mode.
– Block External Images: Select the rule of blocking images in mails.
– Mails List: Select the number of mails to display per one page.
– Display after Delete: Select the action after deleting the mails.
– Auto-Retrieve POP3:
– Empty Recycle Bin: Select the rule of empty recycle bin.
– New Mail Notification: Select the frequency of new mail notification.
– Folder Sorting: Set the sorting method for Mail Folders
Note: The function is disabled by default, please contact to your administrator to enable.
(4) Click the Compose tab for compose settings. When finished, click Save to save the settings.
- The size of compose text area: Set the size of the compose text area and select the editor.
- Editor: Select the mode of composing mail (HTML/Plain-Text)
- Copy Send Mail: Keep every email you have sent in sent box.
- Send and Delete Draft: Delete the draft after you send the mail.
- Request Read Receipt: Enable Request Read Receipt to request read receipts for all emails you send.
- Outgoing Name: Set the name shown in the header of all outgoing mails.
- Outgoing Email: Set the reply-to mail address of all outgoing mails.
- Reply Settings: Sets to append the original mail, include it as quoted text, or not to include it when replying.
- Quote Symbol: Sets the character used to quote the original mail when replying.
- Attach vCard: Attach the vCard when sending the mail.
- Forward .eml Mails Inline: Open the .eml attachment in reading pane when forwarding the email.
(5) Click the POP3 Retrieve tab for POP3 settings. When finished, click Save to save the settings.
n Delete after retrieval: Select the way of deleting the mail receiving from POP3.
n Add a tag after retrieval: Add a tag on the mail receiving from POP3.
n Tag as unread after retrieval: Select the way of the mail status, you can choose to remove the unread tag, or choose the default setting (mark as unread).
(6) Click the IMAP4 Retrieve tab for IMAP4 settings. When finished, click Save to save the settings.
n Delete Synchronously: Delete the mail from server immediately.
n Backup to Recycle Bin: When the “Delete Synchronously” function was enabled, you can choose that moving the deleted mail to Recycle Bin or deleting immediately from server.