The Tags feature offers content-based categorization. Users may assign tags to mails, files, sticky notes and contacts with user-specified terms. In contrast to the rigid hierarchical categories, tagging enables multiple, overlapping associations that make the navigation of information increasingly easier. As a single item can have multiple tags attached to it, the classification is not only extensive but also dynamic. To reclassify an item, simply modify its list of tags; all connections between items are automatically tracked and updated. Further, folders are supported to organize the tags into broad categories. This hybrid system, completely different from the complex hierarchy of categories, aims to provide users a new classification experience.
l How to Create Tags?
(1) On the left menu, click Preferences, expand Personalization, and select Tags .
(2) In the [Tags] page, click the Add Tag button.
(3) Enter the tag term and then click OK.
l How to Delete Tags?
In the [Tags] page, locate the tag you intend to delete and then click the button.
l How to Edit Tags?
In the [Tags] page, locate the tag you intend to edit and then click the button.
l How to Browse All Items Associated with a Tag?
(1) In the [Tags] page, click on the name of the tag.
Or, when previewing/reading a mail/file/sticky note/contact, directly click on the name of the tag.
(2) All the mails, files, sticky notes, and contacts associated with the tag will be listed.